Over the past weekend I got to spend some time with this pup. He was the ranch dog for the retreat I attended over the weekend up in the Colorado mountains. He literally spent every second of the day outside the front door ready for someone to play fetch with him. Every time he would he fetch the ball he would come back drenched in muddy water ready to go again.
Are you looking for ideas on how to propose to your girlfriend? Maybe your just looking to read a great story? Either way your going to get both!
Back in March my friend Keane successfully carried out a great proposal to his girlfriend, Amy! The photos below show all the work, help and heart that went into the day.
The short version of Keane’s proposal actually began weeks before when he started planning the proposal day. He called me a few weeks before asking if I would be up to stalking/photographing him proposing to Amy in the near future.
Fast forward 2 weeks and Keane had the entire proposal planned. Keane and all his roommates (Bryce, Sean, Stephen and Luke) would led Amy on a scavenger hunt through out College Station, Texas. The hunt took Amy to different locations that were meaningful to their relationship. Each location was accompanied with a roommate and a clue to lead her to the next location.
Several hours later the scavenger hunt took Amy to the Royal Pecan Farm near Caldwell, Texas. The pecan farm was where Keane & Amy went on their first date and would be even more memorable by the end of the day.
When Amy arrived at the farm Keane was waiting for her and for the next hour they ate a delicious dinner prepared and served by the roommates. After dinner they went on a walk through the pecan grove, while the roommates prepared the spot for the proposal.
When Keane & Amy returned from their walk, he led her straight down a path of candle lights, picking up the engagement ring box on their way. He read her a letter to seal the deal, then got down on one knee and proposed. Filled with emotion, she said YES!!
I am honored that Keane allowed me to be part of such a wonderful day!
Knowing Keane & Amy before the proposal, it was very clear that God was using them, individually, to bring His kingdom glory. Now I can’t even imagine how He will use them together!
Prepping for the day.
I literally stayed hidden the entire time until the proposal happened.
There are many other details that made the proposal great, but I wanted to keep the blog post short and sweet. The main take away is that the more heart, thought and work you put into a proposal, the more special and meaningful it will be to all of those who take part.
In other news, I am headed back down to Texas tomorrow to photograph the wedding of Vanessa & Jesse in San Antonio! I will be making stops in College Station and Austin as well, so if photographs are needed give me a call or email!
Have a great day!
Every March The South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conferences & Festivals are held in Austin, Texas. The events feature talks by leaders in social media, technology and business. There are also film and music festivals. Over the past few years I have aspired to attend after reading about all the great speakers, cool events and great music that takes place. Unfortunately a ticket to attend all the conferences and festivals costs around $1800! (I am sure the price is worth it, if you’re a business looking for advice and new ideas.) Fortunately, SXSW attracts so many people, that companies, restaurants and bars offer free concerts and products to attract these people. The result is a massive music festival that, if planned right can be free! SXSW also offers many other unique benefits that I believe makes it better than any of the music festivals out there:
- As I stated above, if you plan it out right you can see a lot of shows for free! Some of the bigger shows can get crowded, so it’s better to get there early!
- SXSW attracts a huge range of artists that are “up and coming” and “mainstream!”
- Artists usually play 2-3 shows at SXSW, so there is good chance you could see them once or multiply times. (You also have a great chance to meet them!)
- Shows are held at venues through out the city of Austin, so you get to experience a lot what the city has to offer (There is a lot of walking but its worth it at the end of the day).
- Restaurants, food trucks and bars usually offer free food a couple of times during the week (Twitter and Facebook are important to figure out where these are happening).
These are reasons why I believe SXSW is the best music festival in AMERICA! You can literally see some of your favorites artists live multiple times, which makes you love them even more. There also no gates or fences limiting you on where you can go like other music festivals.
I had a blast running around Austin with my friends and taking a lot of photos of bands at SXSW 2013! Below are some of my favorites!
I really thought I should say a little more about the photo above to describe the emotion behind it. The photo is the lead singer of The Local Natives , Kelcey Ayer’s, performing the song “Columbia”, off their new album, Hummingbird. The song questions if Ayer’s is “giving enough” of himself to others following the death of his mother who gave a lot to him (Source).
The Local Natives
I greatly encourage every one to attend SXSW next year, if you have never been! It was worth all the walking, waiting and driving!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
A few weeks ago I updated my website to reflect that my photography is not only on a mission to capture authentic photos of people, but to support the fight to end human slavery and trafficking. We live in a world where its difficult to tell whats good or evil. There are many things that are a mixture of both, but human slavery and trafficking are clearly evil. There are no political views constantly battling about if its right or wrong. Its wrong and needs to be stopped. Its also something that is located in the towns and cities we live in, not just in some far off country. We may even know the ones in slavery, but fear keeps them from saying anything.
How does KMP support the fight to end human slavery?
- Giving 10% from every portrait, engagement and wedding to ENDITMOVEMENT.COM. The group not only spreads the word about human slavery, but gives to organizations that are actively freeing people in America and abroad.
- Free photographic services to organizations that are fighting human slavery and trafficking. KMP also provides free services to other organizations trying to change the world for the better. Photos can help the brand of the organization and further their mission.
- A direct way KMP helps spread the word about human slavery is with the help with from every person and couple that chooses KMP as their photographer. This is done with a photograph of customers showing a sign of support of the End It Movement. Social media then shares the photo to friends and family to help spread the word.
I hope every one had a great spring break! My next post will show some photos from the 2013 South by Southwest Music Festival in Austin, Texas!
Have a great day!